Are you planning your family vacation for the upcoming holiday season but worried about leaving your pet behind? It’s normal for pet parents to worry, but there shouldn’t be any reason to be! Here are steps and options you can take before leaving your pet behind!
- Hire a professional pet sitter
Hiring a professional pet sitter is the perfect option if you’re uncomfortable leaving your pet behind in an unfamiliar place as some pets tend to be more sensitive than others when it comes to their surroundings. Moreover, being in a familiar setting would make your absence easier on your pet.
2. Get a family member, neighbour, or friend
If you’re uncomfortable with a complete stranger staying in your house while you’re away, you could always get a family member, neighbour, or friend to live in your house or drop by a few times a day to check up on your pet. It would also help your dog by having someone familiar around the house.
3. Boarding facility
The thought of sending your pet to a boarding facility can be extremely scary. Not knowing if your pet is going to be able to adapt or if the boarding facility is reliable. However, if this is your only option, it is not the end of the world. There are many reputable boarding facilities out there. Do your research, drop by for a visit, and choose one that makes you feel comfortable. Here is a checklist of things to consider when choosing a boarding facility:
– Up-to-date license
– Cleanliness of facility
– Insurance coverage
– Vaccination proof – It is important that this is a requirement
– Medical emergencies – Are they prepared for any medical emergencies for your pet?
– Exercise – Will your pet get enough exercise?
– Monitoring – How are they ensuring the safety of your pet throughout the day?
And of course, we also have our own boarding facilities if you are looking for one at the moment; although we only have boarding for dogs, we are definitely working on more type of facilities for your pet – because pets are very precious to their parents, we will provide them with the best care and love that we can share.
One of the outlets that provide such boarding facilities is MyTown Shopping Centre . This is especially beneficial for folks who live within the Cheras area to leave their pets to be in the good care of Pet Lovers Centre while they would go on vacations – rest assured that our team will take care of your dogs like their own!
Things you should do to prepare your pet before leaving it behind
- Stick to your regular pet routine. It’s important not to make any sudden changes to your pet’s usual schedule as they will be able to sense that something is up and it will make them feel uneasy. It would also help if you spend more time with them before you leave.
- Leave a piece of clothing with your scent lying around the house if the pet is being taken care of at home
- When leaving, don’t drag out your goodbyes. Leave the house the same way you’d usually leave to work, school, or run errands.
- Make sure to leave a checklist if someone is taking care of your pet at home.
- Get a pet camera. You can communicate with your pet through the pet camera while you’re away and check in on it every once in a while.
- Ensure that there is plentiful cat or dog food supplies.
We hope this guide is helpful for your vacation planning and that it gives you peace of mind. It’s important that we take time off while we can even if it means leaving our beloved pets behind at home.